Wednesday, June 15, 2011

No Rest for the Worn Out

Yeah, I am caught up (at least for 15 more days)!  Pat on the back for me! 

May was a whirlwind.  Looking back, I am not really sure how we made it all happen.  I seem to be saying that a lot these days, but I kid you not.  I should include a copy of our monthly calendars in this blog.  Tiring.

May brought the end of Star soccer for Ben and Lucy.  While I am not entirely sure they got much out of it, the hour of running and pseudo following directions may pay off eventually.  Here is Ben demonstrating his “super kick”.  He so enjoyed that aspect of the game.



We have another shot of Lucy trapping the ball.  She got extremely good at this pose.  I wonder if she has any other skills.
Not to be outdone, Lilly had several activities in May.  Here she is with her 3rd place ribbon for the 50 yard dash at Field day. 

I have a video of the race, and frankly I think she was robbed!  The evidence points to her getting second.  I will let you be the judge.

She also participated in the Kindergarten Circus.  All the students were broken up into different performing acts.  It was very cute and very detailed.  I am not sure how many practice hours went into this, but they did a wonderful job.  Lilly was one of the performing Seals.  Too cute!


Amidst all this scholastic achievement we found time to go for a boat ride, celebrate Jim’s birthday and Mother’s day (all in the same weekend)!  I sure am going to miss this beautiful water when I am freezing in Rhode Island!! 

Alright, enough fooling around.  Back to business of getting these kids finished with the school year.  The 3rd week of May had been full of must do’s for a few months when Jim came home and announced that he was going to have to be in San Diego for 4 days.  Good thing my mom had already volunteered to come down and help me!  I am not sure if she realized what she was signing up for.  Basically the week went something like this:
Sunday night was a children’s choir event at the Church.

Monday was Ben’s last day of Mother’s Day Out.  Monday night was Lucy’s Pre-School Graduation.  I had already planned on getting a sitter for Ben before Jim bailed on me.  After Ben’s performance at the Easter Chapel I knew there was NO WAY he would be able to hack the turn for the Graduation.  Lilly decided to stay home also (lucky us).  So Nanny and I got to fully concentrate on Lucy!  She had a great night!


Tuesday night was the girls first Upward Indoor Soccer Practice.  I know, seems like we just got off the soccer field – and we had.  But this was indoor and just for the girls.  Ben wasn’t old enough.  A sad fact that he still hasn’t quite grasped. 

Wednesday was Lucy’s last day of Pre-School and so that meant Field Day!  Not the typical Field Day but basically a showcase of all the developmental progress they had throughout the year. 
Lilly also had Water Play Day on Wednesday.  So as soon as we finished up with Lucy’s Field day, we hustled over to Lilly’s school to witness the watery fun.  We DO NOT pay the teachers enough is all I can say!  Ben and Lucy both were not happy that they could not participate.  But they made do with the playground.


Say good bye to that hair Ben.  We got his hair cut the next day.  Bye bye Blondie.  Hello Summer cut!  I have the rest of the summer to lighten it back up.

Thursday was Lilly’s last day of School.  By this point Nanny and I were beyond exhausted!!  Jim is still in San Diego can calling home every night during bath or book reading.  Poor Jim, I know he was sorry to be missing all this excitement, but it was really hard to rehash the events of the day with him before having a glass of wine (or two).  I don't expect Nanny to ever visit us again.  We really ran her through the ringer on this visit.
Lilly’s last picture as a Kindergarten student!  She is so ready to be in first grade.


Ben also had another accomplishment to add to the month of May.


Yes, that is a pink bike (we borrowed it from a neighbor).  No more training wheels for this family!

I need a nap.  It will be time to do the June entry before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment