It's 2015!!! That means it is time to break out a new calendar!! I love love love flipping the pages on the calendar. We make a photo calendar with photos from the previous year's pictures taken during that month. It is so much fun to look back on all the "events" we had. I also take a picture of each child and put it on a calendar in their rooms each month. Yes I am crazy, but it is nice to look back and see how much they have grown over the year. There are months that I struggle with this, but you don't need to know about all of my OCD-isms. I want you to like me.
With all the hoopla that was our December, I am not sure if I mentioned that our washer died. Well, technically it was our landlord's washer. It died on Christmas Eve Eve. I did not really have time to think about it until after New Year's eve. WHAT?! You didn't do laundry for 10 days? No, that is just crazy talk. My friend was out of town and I was carting my loads over to her house! Not ideal, but until we could get to the storage unit and dig ours out, that is what I did.
![]() |
| Bye Bye Washer - we will miss you! |
So once I explained to my landlord that the washer was indeed DEAD and not just lame, she graciously allowed us to install our washer until such time that she can figure out a replacement. I am hoping/wishing/praying that she just waits until we vacate in June to replace it so I don't have to deal with moving this back into storage.
| My tiny washer. I guess I really do need that drawer underneath it! |
I mentioned earlier that Pinewood Derby is fast approaching, so I broke out the primer and had the kids slap a coat of white on the cars. Yes, that is 5 cars and yes, we only have 3 kids. We cut out two extra ones for a friend of mine that doesn't have access to tools. It is our good deed of the month (yeah us)!
I believe we are at the end of the road for gymnastics here in South Florida. We love our gym, but I am just not feeling it anymore. The kids seem to be ready for a change and that is fine by me! I had hoped they would finally get the round-off back handspring combo while we were here, but that did not happen. Oh well, maybe there will be something in Yuma (hahaha - yeah right!). These little gems are from the awards ceremony at the end of the last session. Ben started it out and was quickly followed by Lilly and Lucy. Not to be outdone, I tried it when I got home. Pathetic, I used to be able to put my toes over my eyes - 35 years ago!!
| Not even CLOSE! |
Up next for us is another Cub Scout Camping trip over MLK weekend!! Man, how do the Cub Scout families do this!! This marks the 4th (and probably last) camping trip we have done this year and it is a biggie - DISNEY! Yes, I know what you are thinking. Didn't your husband say you were FINISHED with Disney earlier this year. Yes he did. So instead of going into the parks, we were going to hit Sea World which is free for active duty military and up to 3 dependents. So instead of buying 5 tickets we only needed to buy 1!! SCORE!!!
As unbelievable as it may seem, we have never stayed at the campground on Disney and everyone was eager to check it out. It was nice and I am sure the cabins you can rent are pretty cool but I don't see us ever staying in the group camping area again. The individual camping sites were much nicer!! All in all though it was a really good time.
Jim and our friend Ivan had to work late the first night, so my friend Christine (where would I be if I didn't have Christine - SHUDDER), and I packed up her minivan and the kids and headed up to set up the tents. The husbands brought up the rear, along with additional supplies (unfortunately they forgot our battery charger -- no cellphone charger in the tent, now that's roughing it!). We made it in one piece, which is saying something because the kids aren't always kind to each other. We pitched both tents and took the kids to Downtown Disney for dinner.
It is a good thing we decided to drive up early because the guys didn't get to the campsite until close to 11:00. Can you imagine us trying to get the tent pitched in the dark with grumpy sleepy children? I am sure the entire campground would have LOVED that!
Soooo, our game plan was to do Sea World. We were not (NOT) going into any Disney parks. We had just been to Disney in August. We had ridden all the rides (except one that just opened this fall but the kids didn't even know about that so shhhhhh). There was plenty to do on the campground, a pool/water slide, stables, a nightly s'mores roast complete with outdoor movie, not to mention we were there with all of our Cub Scout friends, so we were all in agreement - NO DISNEY. Well someone forgot to give Jim the word, cause in a moment of weakness he bought us 3 day Disney passes. WHAT!!?!? Apparently Ben's entire Cub Scout den wanted to go to the park together, and the kids managed to sell Daddy on that idea. Oh did I mention it was cold! I mean like lows in the low 40's Highs in low 60's. Brrrr. So off to Disney World we go with all our Cub Scout friends! Of course I could go to Disney a million times and love it every time (as could the kids), but all Jim could do was complain about what a bad decision "we" had made. I guess he does have a mouse in his pocket after all!
| Love the tower, wish there was something in it! |
As we were waiting in line for Prince Charming's Carousel, I did a little internet search and found out which horses were P.C.'s and Cindy's. I made the mistake of telling Lilly that Cindy's horse was #37 and that was all she needed. She was tearing around that thing I was glad she found it without having to sacrifice a toddler. Lucy could not have cared less which horse she got as long as she got one. Ben, on the other hand, was less than thrilled to be on the ride period.
| Doesn't he look like he is having fun? |
Of course we could not get a fast pass for the new ride because it is new and everyone else wanted to ride it. The kids were on board with standing in line for 60+ minutes, but Daddy and I said no thank you. Of course we had to ride the Tea Cups. Daddy excused himself from that one, blaming some lame excuse that he needed to set up our next fast passes - yeah right whatever (he can't stand the Tea Cup ride). After that we were perfectly set up for a quick Goofy Barnstormer and the Go-Carts. Lesson-learned from last time. Lucy wants to be in the car ahead of Lilly. Last time we were behind and it was a glimpse into the near future of Lucy driving with Road Rage.
| Much more pleasant experience this go around. |
| What is a trip to Disney without It's a Small World? |
We cut out of Disney early, Daddy had to catch a flight out early the next day. It was the right decision even though it was painful night of driving, it felt good to wake up in our house and have the whole day ahead of us to unpack and gear back up for school.
The Pinewood Derby is two weeks away. This is the problem with being ahead of the game. There is LOTS of time to touch and retouch your car. The kids had given their cars a primer coat so they decided to go head and paint them before putting on the wheels. They had some interesting takes on how the cars should look. We don't care what they look like, we just want them to FINISH THEM!! And not to lose the race. That would make me mad considering how much time we had put in.
This fall the kids entered in the PTA Reflections and everyone placed in the school competition and went to County. Lilly and Ben won at County and proceeded on to State. Lucy, sadly got 3rd which means her competing is over. No worries Lucy you are still a star in my book!
Yes, Ben won AGAIN for his dance routine. It is scary what some people consider "art." It is definitely entertaining but maybe not for the right reasons.
Honor Roll time again! Both girls made Silver Level Honor Roll!! SO proud of these two! I just hope Lilly can make Gold Honor Roll just once before we leave. She only has 2 more chances. It was one of her goals this year. Crossing our fingers!!!!
I had my first (and hopefully not last) Miami GNO (Girl's night out)!!! Yeah!!! I have become close with some lovely ladies who I relate to so well (my people); Christine and I had been talking about doing it and finally all the planets aligned! So here we are! Having a blast. The night ended too soon.
I am looking forward to a quiet spring, but we are sad that Jim/Daddy will be gone to AZ for most of it. We will miss him but the schedule is a lot more predictable -- and calm -- when he is on the road. Of course I have to get through next month before I can exhale.
| As usual, Oscar is so OVER all of our shenanigans |

No comments:
Post a Comment