As fast as the end of the year flies by it is really nice to have a slow January to reset with. While there were no big events this month, there were plenty of things going on to keep us busy, and most of them surrounded trying to get the house on the market. Yes, we are movers this summer. No word yet on where next, but the house needs to sell (or rent).
You are in for a short update. Don't blink.
First up was Clemson not winning the National Championship. Sigh. That one hurt. I mean I know they won it last year, but I was looking forward to a repeat. Oh well, maybe next year.
It is not cold here. I mean, it gets chilly overnight and in the early morning, but in the daytime temps are very pleasant. That being said, we are going to be in for a rude awakening if we move anywhere remotely cold. I wish I could the picture below was because we had extremely cold weather, but sadly, this is pretty much what our dog does when the temperatures fall below 65. Poor Wesley!
The kids got "Eno" hammocks for Christmas and they love them!! So much so that they string them up between our pitiful trees in the backyard and sleep in them whenever we allow it. This one was a success, another time we forgot to turn off the sprinklers and they were not very happy with us. Oops!
January means Science Fair. Not going to lie, my least favorite time of year. Lilly had to turn in her project before Christmas break, which I was stressing about at the time, but Lucy didn't have to finish until after. I must say that having to do it before is better. We had that project staring us down the last week of break. UGH! Lucy got a good grade on her project but did not advance to County. Lilly however did, but that doesn't happen until next month, so let's put a pin in it.
One fun thing that did happen -- Ben decided to try for a "Guinness Book of World Records" for 100 meters on Roller Blades. We measured out the distance on the street with chalk and did a few trials before clocking the fastest. He is convinced he will be hearing from the committee any day now!
Ben's Weeblos den had an overnight where they knocked out pretty much everything needed for advancement. He and Jim had a wonderful time and both learned quite a bit. He was against going for some reason, but within 5 minutes of arrival he was SOLD! Here he is learning to tie a bowline, the most useful knot of course!
Lilly made her middle school soccer team. We are all thrilled!! This shot was taken outside our house, but she actually scored a goal at the game that day. Unfortunately we all missed it because it was an away game - drat! Hopefully she will score another one and maybe I will see it!
Here she is in action! She currently plays in midfield, usually center or left depending on the line up. I am impressed with the gains she has made since we got here. Hopefully she will keep it up. While I am sad they have given up swimming, at least the girls are playing a sport that I love and enjoy watching. Ben is going back to baseball this spring - maybe I will finally figure out how that sport works.
| Lilly and her friend Lilly (yes Lilly) after every point they score. |

No comments:
Post a Comment