Don't let the lack of photos fool you, we have been busy this month! Just not a lot of opportunity to take pictures.
We are starting where we left off - Easter! As I said in the last post, I am not sure how much longer the kids will continue to participate with the whole tradition of dying the eggs, but one they are still on board with is the baskets and the egg hunts. Ha! I think the Easter Bunny needs to start getting a tad bit more creative with his hiding places though.
Jim has been going non-stop with WTI in the final flight phase, but he did find time to take Ben on a really cool bike ride. The girls were not interested in going so it ended up being a "guy thing".
Even though we had already been to the fair this week, the kids wanted Daddy to go too. So we headed back out there for one last walk around the grounds. I had to leave earlier due to a kickball game so I was spared the worst of it. Jim wasn't so lucky!


The next weekend was the Taco and Tunes Festival. My crowd wasn't interested in either, and it was a struggle to get them to go. Once they got there however, the ended up having a good time. Snow Cones helped with the attitude adjustment, not going to lie. We ran into some friends and the kids spent the next several hours riding almost the exact same rides they had ridden at the fair the week before.

I have spent the last month burning up the road between soccer games in San Luis Yuma, baseball games (sometimes twice a week) and kickball games on base. I am tired!
The kids have discovered shopping (not good). Lilly especially loves to go to the Mall. Lucy and Ben really just like going to Hot Topic. I must say sometimes what they find in there really is inspiring and quite funny. Like this hat Lucy picked up recently. It says - I am not a social butterfly. I am a sarcastic moth. I might have to steal it. Jim hates it.
Once you get back from Spring Break they hit you hard with testing, lots and lots of it. My brain hurts just thinking about it, I can't imagine having to take a test (much less several) all within a few weeks of each other. Yuck. The Arizona teachers also went on strike this month. Well, kind of. Our district went against pretty much every other district in the STATE and the teachers voted to stay in the classrooms. There were teachers absent every day protesting but instead of closing the schools, the teachers voted to keep them open and fill in the absents with substitute teachers. All in all I think the other schools in town missed a total of five days that they might have to make up at the end of the year. The strike proved to be somewhat successful in that the schools will get more funding and the teachers a much needed raise if all the planets align. Clearly the state government has much to decide in the coming months.
It isn't all testing at school though! Lucy and Ben's school got a mascot to raise some school spirit and Lucy was one of the first to test it out (or at least the head piece)! Afterward, she said it was kind-of claustrophobic and hot.
This sign, as much as I love it, is inaccurate. It should say the last day of our last WTI!! But I ran out of room and letters. For those of you who still aren't sure what WTI is or means, there is a video making the rounds on the internet of the latest WTI course. It is pretty amazing.






No comments:
Post a Comment