One thing that I am sorry to miss is Lucy's first drama production. Well, actually, I did not miss it. I was able to go to a dress rehearsal a few days before (so yeah, technically October). But I did miss the actual performance and for that I am sad. Luckily Jim was able to go. She did amazing! She totally has the drama bug now.


Afterward the two of them got to have some more bonding time over a celebratory dinner!
So of course I am not privy to everything that is going on in Arlington since I am in Swansboro, but I do get a couple of pictures of some of the happenings. Ben and Jim attended a pancake breakfast the Cub Scout troop assisted. Can't work a pancake breakfast without sampling what you are serving right?

About a week before I got home, Daddy came back to the marina with a teeny tiny kitten! He is super duper cute!! Since Rina's passing last year there has been a huge void at the marina. Bootsie has big shoes to fill, but he is up to the task. I was hoping the kitten and Wesley would bond. That did not happen. Poor Wesley!
![]() |
| Making some progress on the dock repair |
Don't feel too badly for Wesley though. He was treated like a KING while hanging with WT in the sewing room at night.
It wasn't all work while I was home. Gregg and I did go downtown for Musical Bingo one night. My friend Stephanie joined us as well. It was sooo much fun! I really wish there was someplace in Arlington that did it too!

Well all good things must end, and my week at home was no exception. Good news though, while I was home I talked my mom into riding back to Arlington with me! She hasn't been with us for Lilly's birthday since her actual BIRTH! While Nanny was visiting we had to get ready for the neighborhood leaf vacuuming event. We had been bagging leaves every week for what seems like forever and finally the city is coming around and literally vacuuming them up! SO EXCITED!!



After we finished raking the entire yard, we figured out that the leaf vacuum isn't coming until the next week. UGH! So we had to bag the leaves anyway! Just our luck.
We are not going to let a little thing like raking the entire yard get us down. Since it is Veteran's day we decided to go to Arlington Cemetery and the Marine Corps War Memorial to pay our respect to those who have served. It was pretty spectacular.

With Nanny in town, we were able to leave the kids with her and have a night out for the 243rd USMC Ball, complete with a hotel in DC! Yeah for Nanny!! We had a great time at the ball - that ballroom was HUGE!! And COLD!! As much fun as it was, having a ball with a squadron is much better.
The next thing would be Lilly's 14th birthday!! How on earth is she already 14?! Seems like just yesterday she was learning to walk!! Wow! One of our birthday traditions is to wake up with a bed full of balloons, one per year! This year we finally figured out how many balloons can you put on a twin bed - less than 14! Ha Ha. Lilly continues to amaze us with her maturity and kindness. Not sure how we ended up so lucky!
Lucy was at camp on her birthday so she didn't get to have the balloon tradition. So I decided to do it even though it was Lilly birthday. She was surprised to say the least. I think she even - gasp - liked it!!

So while Jim and MC were balling it up so to speak, the rest of us were hanging out in the basement trying to kill ourselves on the inflatable stability balls. I love using the balls in my workouts and I used to be able to stand up on them. I mentioned that to Lucy and she immediately decided to try it. Of course she popped right up on it.
As is evident in the following video I was not as successful - YET!!


The next weekend Jim and Ben were going on a cub scout camping trip so we thought it would be a perfect time for Lilly to have some friends over to celebrate her birthday. She decided she wanted to keep it low key - movie and pizza. Lucy helped me with the cake this year. As always, it turned out spectacular! Lilly's only suggestion was Oreo. I think we nailed it!

As I mentioned earlier, Jim and Ben were on a cub scout camping trip about an hour away where they had gotten quite a bit more snow then we got. It originally was for the entire weekend, but given the weather, they ended up coming home late Saturday instead. They were in cabins, but they were unheated so it was pretty cold! Even though the trip was cut short, it looks like they still had a great time!

To celebrate our first Thanksgiving with family in forever really, Jim's brother and family hosted the Wellons family in Delaware. It was incredible! The kids got along great and more importantly the adults did too! Ha Ha!




![]() |
| Someone missed us over the Thanksgiving Break! |
![]() |
| Well maybe not. |
Last thing before we exit November. Jim went for a run after we got back and had a run-in with a dog. This is his SECOND dog bite. He did not think the dog actually made contact with his leg. He was wrong. He did not get any information on the dog. I am sure the dog owner is relieved since dog bites have to be registered. Hopefully he will be more careful and maybe the third time he will follow the proper protocol.



























No comments:
Post a Comment