Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Brr Cold in Florida

Surprise Surprise Surprise, I did not post an entry while we were in VA!  I know you are shocked - just shocked!  Well get over it.

We did have a great time though.  The kids had a wonderful time in ski school.
But not as much fun as we had while the kids were in ski school.


Santa found all of us up in Wintergreen too.  The girls were a little worked up about that.  But all in all it made the weeks and weeks of planning and packing worth it!




We made it back to Niceville in one piece (pretty much) a few days later.  I know some of you have been wondering, if she has been back for 2 weeks why hasn't she posted?  Well let me break it down for you: mostly I had to wade through about 5 loads of laundry, unpack, take down the Christmas decorations and most importantly - GET THE GIRLS BACK IN SCHOOL!!  It is extremely hard to carve out some time to write this post.  The subject matter is easy - everyday there is LOADS of material.  Silence is required in order for it to become complete sentences and rational thought.  Most of my day is broken up into fragment fragment fragment - dangling participle wrong tense.  It is a mess!  So getting the girls back into school has given me the ability to uncloud my thoughts enough to post (but just barely).

New Years was pretty tame here and when I say tame you should read lame.  We did stay up to see the ball drop in NYC.  However, we did not catch it when the clock actually hit midnight in our time zone.  If I could somehow rationalize the ball dropping in London to get a few extra hours of sleep I would.  I will have to look into that for 2011.

Nanny and Poppa have been visiting us this week from North Carolina!!  I think they were hoping to avoid all the cold weather, but the joke is one them - it is here too!!  Nanny swears the only time she has ever come to Florida and NOT been cold was when she helped us move to Tampa in July.  I am sure she is mistaken.  But it is pretty cold right now! 






No comments:

Post a Comment