Monday, January 18, 2010

2010 Seriously?

I can not believe it is already the middle of January!! I know time has a way of speeding up when you become an adult, but this is just crazy! Ben's 2nd birthday is in a month - I need to get on the stick! I do already have the invitations and the cake idea. So at least that is something right? Now if I can just figure out a way to have the whole thing planned and executed without me having to lift a finger that would be perfect. Where is the birthday fairy when you need her?

Totally forgot to mention in the last post we went to an awesome bonfire the weekend after New Years. It was in a little beach community call Grayton Beach about 40 minutes east of Destin. It was cold cold cold, but everyone had a ball, especially the kids. How could they not with the combination of fire,


smores,

and fireworks right?
They were running around building sand castles, sand angles and burying each other in the sand. There has never been so much sand in my car. I felt like we brought back half of the beach with us. I even made them strip down so I could shake out their clothes. Don't know why I bothered cause it did absolutely NO GOOD. But at least I slept better that night. Well that isn't true. We stayed at a little B&B that had a bed for us and a pull out couch for the kids. No pack and play for Ben so he was expected to sleep in the bed with the girls. RIGHT!! Jim finally put him in the car and drove him around until he fell asleep while I slept on the pull out with the girls until they fell asleep. So the next day we woke up grumpy, sandy and cold! Ahh, good times.

Now we are back into the swing of things. The girls have started taking a dance class - tap and ballet. They have a recital end of May. That should be good for a laugh or two! Not to worry, it will be well documented with both digital photos and video in ensure years and years of mocking - just kidding.

Ben figured out how to ride his trike Sunday. The kids got a little riding in before we left for church and he couldn't maintain his momentum. Not the case after nap time as the video below illistrates:



Next up will be taking the training wheels off Lilly's bike. I have a feeling she will go kicking and screaming into the two wheeler world of biking.

Another busy week here - Jim is leaving for Safety School, I am hosting a coffee at my house on Thursday and then my soccer game on Friday night. Yes you read that right - I have a soccer game. ME! I am doing something for me! I have a whole new appreciation for Brett Favre and Kurt Warner now! How in the world are they still playing! So far we have lost both games, but I did score in the first one! It is a co-ed league with 6 teams but only 1 woman on each team I think. But I don't care, it is still fun (would be a bit more fun if we could manage to win a game). This past Friday night we had no substitues. Thank God for Tylonol PM. Without it I would probably still be in the bed unable to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment