Wednesday, April 28, 2010

43 days and counting...

For Valentines day, I got the children each a mylar balloon from the Dollar Tree store. Of course one took one for the team early on (if you have ever tried to pop one of those suckers then you know what kind of effort when into the popping). Another stuck around for about a week before we put it out of it's misery. However the third made a break for it and missed the door but ended up above the door where the ceiling soars up to 15-20 feet. I have tried everything short of borrowing my neighbor's extension ladder to get it down. It is still up there!! I thought I would try to reach it again with the piddly 5 foot ladder I have and the vaccuum hose but now I am curious just how long can it stay up there? Of course when it does FINALLY give up and fall, it will land on that damn ledge and I will still have to borrow the ladder to get it down because my ladder is about 2 feet too short!!  I will keep you updated on any breaking developments. All I can say is if we had wanted the balloons to last more than a week there is NO WAY they would have.

Last weekend the girls had a "practice" performance in front of a LIVE audience at the mall.  One of the other moms in the group recorded it and was kind enough to provide me a copy.  I will just say there was a lot of enthusiasm (if not much talent).  I will refrain from more commets. Enjoy!


And that my friends is why I am seldom bored.  Frustrated; yes. Bored; never.



No comments:

Post a Comment