It took a couple of days, but I managed to get Lilly excited about riding the bus. One of her friends is in 1st grade at the same school and she rides the bus so it just took me taking Lilly to that bus stop and the rest is hopefully history. At least it cuts down on one of the drop off/pick ups! The school is just 2 miles away so it is a rather short bus ride (about 12 minutes). Lucy and Ben are rather upset that they don't get to ride a bus. Good to know they don't look at me and the mini-van as a bus service even though that is pretty much what it feels like to me.
Without further ado - pictures of what went on last week.I feel like I need to add an explanation of the picture of the bag. Lucy's school has a dress code and they provide tote bags. They all look the same so I was "told" we could personalize the tote. So borrowing an idea from another bag, I took the navy blue straps off and sewed on ribbon that I ran through tubing. Then I decided to spell out her name in ribbon on the side. We bought some flower decals but they haven't made it on there yet. It, like most things going on in this house, a work in progress.
I made the mistake of answering a question from my husband honestly. He first asked me what was I going to do with my two days a week when I didn't have a child wrapped around my leg. I told him I was planning on going out in the boat - A LOT! ha ha ha, yeah right. While I do hope to do that, I fear that most of my Mondays and Fridays will be spent cleaning, meetings, appointments, and going to the grocery store and other errands. The other question came a few days later when he returned from yet another trip and I was in a "mood" by the time dinner rolled around. "I thought things would be easier for you now that the kids were in school most of the time. Why isn't it?" Well... I am still making three breakfasts and three lunches, trying to get all three out the door dressed with all their belongings, doing the whole drop off/pick up dance in addition to other errands and yet I still found time to make a home made meal for you and the kids. So sue me if I didn't get to the grocery store for SALAD! Improvise for crying out loud! I am sure once we all get into the swing of things it will get easier. Right - it will get easier? Don't tell me if it doesn't - I need to dream.
But I digress. Other highlights of recent events:
Lucy caught a fish!
And Lilly has a loose tooth! OH MY GOD! I can't believe she has a loose tooth. I need to have a chat with the Tooth Fairy. I have explained to her that the TF leaves whatever she just happens to have in her pocket and it will probably be something different every time. She shouldn't be surprised to find fairy pocket lint all over the place too. Well not all over the place, because you know who will be the one cleaning that up! More on that once the story develops.






No comments:
Post a Comment