But let’s get back to spring in NW Florida. It is really nice. Warm temperatures during the day, cool enough at night to leave the windows open. You shouldn’t do that due to the ton of pollen that will give everything a nice sheen of yellow. I know this first hand. Suddenly we were all stuffed up and sneezing about 24 hours after we opened the windows. So down they came, out came the swifter and on came the AC – IN MARCH!
But on to more mundane things, March also meant soccer for Ben and Lucy. Poor Ben, he always wants to do activities and sports, but isn’t old enough. Finally he aged into a soccer program. True how much soccer can you teach a 3 year old, well surprise surprise, not much. He already knew pretty much all the skills but it was a learning experience to listen to someone other than me telling him how to kick and trap the ball.
Here he is demonstrating the ever popular sit on the ball trap.
Originally Lucy did not want to play even though she fell within the age limit, but after the first practice when over half her class was participating, she changed her mind. Again, I don’t know just how much she got out of it. Thankfully Ben’s team was on the other side of the field from where her team practiced so I was out of earshot and only had visuals on what was going on. It looked like all 4 and 5 year olds playing soccer; lots and lots of bunching!!
All that bunching really works up a thirst.
March also meant a return to the pool for us. I know I know, it is a little early to be in the pool. In my defense, it was heated. The water, not the air!
I will admit, it was pretty cold watching them swim, but they seemed to have a good time despite the chill in the air.
All in all, March lived up to expectation, capping off with my birthday of course! Bring on April.


No comments:
Post a Comment