Thursday, May 5, 2011

Shortest month of the year?

Ahh February,


I will be honest, not my favorite of months. Not my least favorite, but definitely in the bottom of the twelve. I have never been exactly sure why that is. It is the shortest month but for some reason it stretches on ENDLESSLY!

While January may have been a ho-hum month here in Wellonsland, February was decidedly not. First off we had a whirl wind visit with Jim’s youngest sister Mary Catherine (Aunt Kaki). She was nearby working and decided to drive over and see us. The kids were excited to have a “customer”. That is what they call someone who comes and visits us. We are not exactly sure why they do that. It doesn’t matter if the visit is for 5 minutes or 5 days. But I digress. Aunt Kaki was here for all of about 15 hours. Just long enough for the kids to really warm up to her and be totally bummed when she left.

Next up was Valentine’s Day! Lilly was super excited to create her mailbox for school. She came up with the design herself. I asked her if anyone else in her class had anything so elaborate and she proudly said “NO”! Personally I think the doilies are a little much, but hey it is Valentine’s day right?

I was surprised at just how long 3 children can entertain themselves by re delivering the same cards over and over again. Note to self – try again with other holidays.

A few months ago you may recall that my husband got up on his soap box and declared the Wellons family was DONE with Disney. DONE! I think a very short time later he booked a Disney Cruise. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to go on that cruise. It has been put on hold for the fall I believe (Shhh).

With a long holiday weekend plus Ben’s birthday approaching, what is a family who lives in Florida to do – Go to DISNEY WORLD!! Yes, we packed up the car and headed East and South. It is a long drive, made even longer by traveling with thing 1, 2 and 3.

Just look at their faces.


How can you deny that is anything but the look of love?


We did get to see something we have never seen before.


I will admit it was a tad bit intimidating when the Dark Lord walked out to his theme song. The kids wanted to know who it was and why was he surrounded by a bunch of “white vadars”. Jim decided then and there to make some changes to our Netflix queue to include the Star Wars movies. I tried to get Darth to use the “Force” on Ben so he would cooperate for this photo. No good.

No matter where we go or what awesome things we do, if you ask the kids what their favorite part of any trip is they will (without fail) say “staying at a hotel”. I am baffled as to why this is. True, we usually do stay at some pretty cool hotels, but compared to Disney World it isn’t my favorite part of the trip. Here are the 3 crazies in the big tub having a good bubbly time. You may see this shot again later in the year if another one doesn’t present itself between now and Christmas.

Since we went to Disney World around Ben’s birthday, I decided to try and pull a fast one on the kids and told them that since we didn’t do a Birthday party for Ben we couldn’t do one for the girls either. Surprisingly they went along with this. Of course they probably have it in their minds that we will be going to Disney World. Ha Ha Ha Ha

We did take some cupcakes in to Ben’s class. He is still on a Team Umizoomi kick, so I printed up some cupcake picks and took them to a local bakery. I think they turned out pretty good.


Following with our tradition of having MANY many celebrations of the Birthdays, we had a little private party with just us. Ben was pretty tickled with his Lightening McQueen cake.


and with the fact that he is 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment