As I promised last week, here are a few videos of the girls at dance class. Thankfully the recital isn't until the end of May. I have a feeling we are going to need every second until then to get it right!
and my favorite:
Ash Wednesday is next week and I have been trying to decide what to give up for Lent. In years past I have paid a dime for every cuss word, but I have found that I don't cuss as much as I did in year's past (it was a shock to me as well). The last two years I have given up yelling at my children. Same thought process - for every yell I put a dime in a jar. But I am just not feeling it this year. I may end up doing it again just because I doubt I will be able to come up with anything else. I am sooo creative! ha ha ha
My New Year's Resolution this year was to get rid of things I no longer need. I have a whole plastic tub full of mix matched note cards that I didn't use the complete set. So if you get a note from me through out the year for no reason what so ever, you will know that I am still trying to stick to my resolution. My closet is really going to take a hit. I have clothes that really really really need to go away. I have started weeding them out I swear I have but I need someone impartial to help me. Some of the stuff is a no brainer. Some things I have had since college. Yes, they still fit, but do I need to keep it? Do I wear it? Well some things I do (not really proud of this), BUT I know I shouldn't. Every time I go in there I think what would Stacy and Clinton from "What not to Wear" be saying about me -cringe! I love that show! I think I would like to go it, but at the same time, I don't think I could handle the pressure. I would love to have them take me shopping and teach me to fix my hair and makeup (finally). But then I would have to go shopping for clothes after they threw all my stuff in the incinerator (trash cans are too good for me in my imagination) and that is not something I would enjoy. I am not a huge clothes shopper. Maybe if my sister went shopping with me so she could try everything on for me it wouldn't be so bad.
I also promised myself that I would go through my bathroom and use up all the shampoo, conditioner and lotion I have in there before buying any more. I have tried to do this before without much success - not sure what that says about me. However this time, so far so good. I have used up 3 tiny fancy soaps in the month of January alone. Baby steps people, baby steps. All of this in in hopes that by the time we leave Niceville I will have pared down our possessions to just the things we USE. I am TIRED of moving this stuff all over the country. I need to get back on ebay and start cranking out some items. Maybe if I wish hard enough the de-clutter fairy will come over and grant me a wish (or two). Sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment