This is going to be a busy week - but who am I kidding, aren't they all? Well last week wasn't. It should have been, but I just couldn't get motivated to ACTUALLY start on my to do list. So maybe this week will be a tad bit busier than it needed to be.
Jim bought a boat over the weekend - SIGH... I was hoping to keep this from happening at least for another 6 months or so. Oh well, now we have to come up with a name. My suggestion of POS was not received well. Hahahaha
I don't know who is more excited about the boat Jim or the kids. They were crawling all over it yesterday. I have a feeling we will be going out in it tomorrow during the day off. Great! We were smart enough to put it in dry storage, so no trailer stories for us! That alone should ensure we use the boat about 100 times more than if we had to launch it ourselves. The marina also has a pool that we have access to. I predict the kids and I will probably use the pool several times a week during the season. We will wave at the boat from the pool.
Since today is Valentines day, it was decided that we needed to make Valentine cookies. Jim usually is in charge of the cookie projects. He enjoys it for some reason. I am content to record the moment in photos and clean up afterwards. It was decided that there wasn't enough time or patience to include Ben this time. He also missed out on the Christmas cookie extravaganza - poor Ben. So I decided to go ahead and make the cookies and the icing and then really the girls were only decorating them. Surprisingly this went over without ANY fuss at all!
Jim bought a boat over the weekend - SIGH... I was hoping to keep this from happening at least for another 6 months or so. Oh well, now we have to come up with a name. My suggestion of POS was not received well. Hahahaha
I don't know who is more excited about the boat Jim or the kids. They were crawling all over it yesterday. I have a feeling we will be going out in it tomorrow during the day off. Great! We were smart enough to put it in dry storage, so no trailer stories for us! That alone should ensure we use the boat about 100 times more than if we had to launch it ourselves. The marina also has a pool that we have access to. I predict the kids and I will probably use the pool several times a week during the season. We will wave at the boat from the pool.
Lent starts this week! I am considering giving up drinking "adult beverages" Sunday through Thursday. Jim is doing it so that might make it easier. What am I saying, that won't make it easier at all! This maybe harder than the time I gave up peanut butter - which only lasted about 3 days!! This may not be the week to start this program - no school on Monday, Jim is leaving on Tuesday for 3 days, Mom is arriving on Tuesday for 5 days, Ben has a Doctor's appointment and a photo appointment AND his 2nd Birthday Party which means I have to crank out a birthday cake and other party fare! ARGH!!! I feel like Leslie Nielsen from "Airplane" when he keeps saying that this wasn't a good week to give up some bad habit.
Today the girls sang in the choir for one of the Church services. I have a video, but we were up in the balcony and I only had my cell phone so they look so far away. They sang "Joy Joy Joy Down In My Heart". They had the chorus down and loud. The rest of the song not so much.
Since today is Valentines day, it was decided that we needed to make Valentine cookies. Jim usually is in charge of the cookie projects. He enjoys it for some reason. I am content to record the moment in photos and clean up afterwards. It was decided that there wasn't enough time or patience to include Ben this time. He also missed out on the Christmas cookie extravaganza - poor Ben. So I decided to go ahead and make the cookies and the icing and then really the girls were only decorating them. Surprisingly this went over without ANY fuss at all!
And last but not least as if there wasn't enough going on we met some friends Saturaday night in Sandestin for a little Pre-Mardi Gras entertainment. It was cold but the kids had a blast running around dancing to the Canjun band especially Lucy.
No comments:
Post a Comment