Sunday, February 28, 2010

What was I thinking?!?

Ok, I did it. I gave up drinking during the week (Sunday - Thursday) for Lent. Never have the week days gone by so sssslllooowww. ARGH! It has only been one week and I am already regretting this decision. Which means I probably needed to do it right?! Yeah right.

Ben turned 2 on Saturday!! I can't believe my baby is 2. Seems like he was just born a few months ago. Since he isn't in any type of day care, he really doesn't have any friends or playmates his age so we just invited our friends to his party. Ben didn't care, he just wanted to run around in the backyard with children and have some cake and ice cream. The girls were pretty excited about all his presents. Hopefully one day soon Ben will actually get to play with them some!!
I decided to make a Hippo Cake for his birthday some time ago. I think it turned out pretty good and was surprising easy to make.
First I started out with two 9" round cakes and one loaf pan cake.

and then added 2 cupcakes with the rounded tops cut off. The bottoms became the eyes and the tops turned into the nose. I put two large marshmellows in between the round cake layers on top of pink frosting to make the teeth and mouth.


Then I frosted it a bluish purple. I flatten a large marshmellow and cut it on the diagonol to make the ears and put some white frosting on top of the "eye cupcake stumps" The brown is actually two candy kisses I soften in the microwave and flatten with a glass. I know Hippos are gray, but I just couldn't stomach frosting the Hippo gray. Yuck. I made Ben his own cupcake to blow out the candles on - keeps down on the baby spit. I mean I don't even want to eat a cute hippo cake with baby spit all over it and he is my son!



Nanny was in town for Ben Ben's birthday as was my friend Stephanie and her son Forrest. The kids had so much fun playing with each other! Sunday we drove over to Grayton Beach for lunch and the resturant had live music. The kids were in HEAVEN!! Don't think the people sitting around us could say the same. Hahahahahaha



Ben got several really cool presents for his birthday, but the one he was really excited about was the big boy bike "Lighting McQueen" we gave him. He can't even reach the pedals but that isn't stopping him from trying to ride it. God forbid one of his sisters get within 20 yards of it either. He is very very attached to his "Mcqueen" bike as is evident below:

No comments:

Post a Comment