Sunday, March 28, 2010

And the hits just keep on coming



I know, I know it has been a month since my last post. I am going to use the much abused "I have been busy" line. I truly have - honest! We have been going nonstop!
Between registering children for school/preschool/day care and gearing up for a HUGE deal for Jim's work my blog has suffered. Plenty of material just no time for me to write it.

Everyone is always telling me that I need some time for myself. I know that is true, but with the three kids and all that comes with that, it is a "need" that usually falls by the wayside. But 2 weeks ago my sweet husband sent me home to North Carolina for the weekend - BY MYSELF!!!! It was part of my Christmas present and it was lovely. I was going to take one of the girls with me, but ended up going alone. It took me a while to stop looking around for the kids - especially during my layover in Atlanta, but when I finally relaxed I really enjoyed it. I didn't even feel bad that I didn't feel bad about leaving Jim home alone with the children. Jim scored major major points with this one. Only don't tell him! Seriously it was great to be in Swansboro and the weekend flew by too quick!! Our next journey will be in July with everyone in tow and for quite a bit longer.

Today the circus begins. It has been building for 6 months and will culminate on April the 2ND with Jim's for lack of a better word - promotion. That isn't really what it is, but to keep me from having to slip into marine speak (of which I am not fluent) and try to explain what exactly is going to happen we will just say promotion. Jim's parents arrive today for the week, my mom will be getting in late Wednesday along with 3 of Jim's siblings with a few nephews and a niece in tow. Also a couple of his aunts and at least one cousin will be arriving Wednesday too. Add to that a hundred of our friends and co-workers, two ceremonies, receptions and a big blowout party and what you end up with is one busy week!!
If I survive I will post about that later.

The girls are on spring break this week - of course cause having them in school would have REALLY REALLY REALLY helped me a lot this week. That means no dance this week. We have 3 weeks until the first performance with people other than direct family members in the audience. If there was ever a good time to take a week off - this isn't it!! Next week in addition to dance I have the kids signed up to take swimming lessons. Lilly and Lucy have been begging to swim so I have all ideas they will quickly get back into the groove. Ben, however, I have a feeling he is going to show some resistance. Supposedly this class is not a "let's get acquainted with the water" and more like a drowning prevention. Which he did in Tampa but that is getting on 10 months now, so I have all ideas the first couple of classes are not going to be fun!

We have been out on the boat a few times even though it was technically still winter.
The kids LOVE IT especially Ben.
Hopefully the warmer weather is here to stay and we can get out there a bit more.

Say a prayer for me that we all make it through this week. I know you think I am being a bit dramatic, but trust me when I say this - I'm NOT!!

1 comment:

  1. cute pic of ben! is that the hat i made so long ago??

    ReplyDelete